Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sample Digital Story

I make a type of digital story every year with my kiddos.  During Thanksgiving, each grade level at my school sings a song or does some sort of special performance at an assembly.  The song that second grade sings is called "We Are Thankful."  The singing of this song usually coincides with the reading strategy of visualizing.  Each year I have my kids visualize as they listen to, and sing, the words of the song.  They draw the "movie" that they are making in their mind.  I then record the students singing the song and incorporate their pictures in the movie.  I am including a sample of one of these digital stories.


6 comments:

  1. What a great visual to compliment the song! I like how the students have the illustration and narration responsibilities for the digital story. They must be so excited to see their artwork featured and hear themselves singing. This inspires me to do something similar with my students, using their artwork and voices! I was still contemplating my storyboard, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the way you incorporated their art work! They must be very excited to watch it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love how their art work and voices are a part of the story. Watching this sample helped me generate some ideas, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your students did a wonderful job depicting images on what they believe is true to the song. This is a great idea to use for a digital story! Thanks for sharing, Lindsay:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so helpful and inspiring. I think this would be a great addition to a class website or blog. I'm sure the students would love to read parent feedback. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I have heard this song during our Thanksgiving in the Round - it takes on a whole new meaning in this format. The students did a great job.

    ReplyDelete