Saturday, September 7, 2013

My FAVORITE Charting Website

For the past few years, my school has chartered a bus to take teachers to the Columbia (Teachers Reading and Writing College Project) "Reunion." These days consist of countless workshops taught by various staff members at Columbia. One of the best workshops that I have attended at this reunion was run by two women who are experts in classroom charts. They taught us everything from how to draw quick images to include on charts, to the types of information to include on charts. They have an AMAZING website called "Chart Chums" that I always get a ton of ideas from for my own charts. Check them out- you won't be sorry! 

Click Here to access their site!

http://chartchums.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/image_1.jpeg

3 comments:

  1. I just started using this website; thanks for sharing. It's amazing how simple charts can be - with still giving students enough direction to be independent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use a lot of anchor charts in our classrooms. I like to use them so the students have a visual resource that will help them be independent. Sometimes the posters can look so busy the information can get lost. Thanks for sharing this website!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great resource. With the Daily Five, Writers' Workshop, and Math workshop we use a ton of anchor charts.

    ReplyDelete