Friday, September 6, 2013

Animoto for Open House

Animoto took its maiden voyage on Mrs. T's computer today!  The site was simple to use and produced a fast, quality piece for me to share with parents at open house.  I like the simplicity of the site and the lack of options for control.  This meant that I simply uploaded my pictures and music and was on my way--  No debating over tiny details and minor changes that could be made.  I can definitely see myself using this tool in the future.  I even could see my students being able to navigate through the site, upload pictures, and select music.  Very impressed!!

This animoto project came at the perfect time of the year for me- Open House.  Every year I always try to put together some sort of slideshow for parents in order to "show off" our first few days of school.  By using animoto, I was able to create a simple, yet very impressive video to show to parents.  

Does anyone have any idea for how they are going to incorporate this into lessons??

Use the following link to view my first animoto :)  First Animoto

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so weird- i didn't delete it. If you click the link "Open House 2013-2014" at the bottom of the page, it does play. Something must be wrong with how I embedded the animoto. Thankfully the link still works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Lindsay...it is a great tool. I'm not sure how I plan to use it yet. I am thinking about using it to support a phonemic awareness skill...or maybe a math concept. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete