Saturday, October 5, 2013

Digital Story Inspiration

After creating my own digital story for use with my class, I have been brainstorming other ways to incorporate digital stories into my students' learning.  Of course I had to go no further than Kathy Cassidy's blog to find another inspiring, yet simple, idea.

In this post, Kathy embedded an end-of-the-year digital story of her kids telling about what they learned in first grade.  I love how each child got a chance to reflect on his/her learning.  Each year I usually have students write about their learning from the year, however I have never thought about making a digital story to showcase this same learning.  Below you will find a link to view this inspiring post.


I am also thinking that I could do something similar to what Kathy did in this video, but instead I could do it on a more frequent basis (maybe monthly?).  I could then post it on our class weebly website in a blog post.  This would be a great way to showcase to parents the learning that we have done throughout the month.  Thanks for the inspiration Kathy!

Does anyone else use this sort of digital story with their kids in order to track their learning?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you! I think that Kathy has inspired all of us to integrate more technology as part of a digital portfolio with our students' work. I am considering an activity similar to this for each marking period. I'd like to make it accessible to parents on our classroom website. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete